Worrying is a natural part of being human. It can be a good thing when it motivates us to make necessary changes in life. However, it can quickly become a negative form of stress that does more harm than good. When worrying gets out of hand it can lead to health issues such as ulcers and heart disease.
Don't let that happen to you! If you think that you worry too much, there are some things you can try that may help:
- Try to focus all of your thoughts and actions on the present moment. Forget about the past and don't think ahead to the future.
- Think about the worst possible thing that could happen. Then ask yourself how likely it is to occur.
- If you think something is likely to occur then prepare for it. Then let it go.
- Get all the facts before making a decision.
- Stay busy to keep your mind occupied.
- Help others. By focusing on their issues you forget about your own problems.
- Count your blessings instead of your troubles.
- Learn how to relax at work.
- Organize your life.
- Don't sweat the small stuff. Who cares if your house is messy. Focus on what's important.
- When all else fails, there's always prayer.
I hope this helps. Now quit worrying and get back to enjoying your life!!