· Get Your Numbers: Ask your doctor to check your blood pressure and cholesterol.
· Own Your Lifestyle: Stop smoking, lose weight, exercise, and eat healthy.
· Realize Your Risk: We think it won’t happen to us, but heart disease kills 1 in 3 women.
· Educate Your Family: Make healthy food choices for yourself and your family. Teach your kids the importance of staying active.
· Don’t Be Silent: Tell every woman you know that heart disease is the number one killer.
Ladies, your heart health is of utmost importance. We get so busy with work, life, and everyday responsibilities that we often put this very important information aside and tend not to lead the healthiest lifestyle. These are not minor fixes or quick results, but a healthy lifestyle will reduce your risk of being a 1 in 3 statistic. February is our reminder, but it’s very important to think about your heart health on a daily basis!