Do you find as spring approaches you have to fit more in? The days are getting longer. Everyone is emerging from their winter hibernation and making plans. Sports are starting again. Yards need to be cleaned up. Homes need repairs from the winter beating. Kids want to stay up later. Stress levels rise. It’s very important to manage your stress.
Here are some tips:
· Make lists and prioritize what has to be done today and what can wait for another day.
· Share your calendar with your significant other to avoid conflicting schedules.
· Review family schedules and make your plans and expectations clear each morning to your family.
· Make time for 30 minutes of exercise daily.
· Eat healthy, non-processed foods.
· Limit alcohol and caffeine.
· Ensure good quality sleep each night.
· Take a moment for a quiet walk by yourself to clear your head.
· Shake it off---play some fun music and just dance! You can include the whole family!
· Take a mini spa day, get a massage or give yourself a mani-pedi and mud mask.
· Take a bubble bath.
· Share meal responsibilities with your significant other and older children.
· Prepare lunches and snacks the night before; again have the entire family assist.
· Make larger meals to plan for left overs so that you do not have to cook every night.
· Make a family chore chart.
· Turn off all electronics, find a quiet place and mediate for a half hour.
· Do not be afraid to ask for help.
Enjoy a stress free day! Give us more suggestions on stress relief strategies that work for you!