Ladies, it doesn't have to be this way. A party should be about having fun and laughing with your guests. Lose the notion that it has to be perfect. Instead, try these tips for a stress-free party:
- Don't do a deep cleaning beforehand. You'll have to do it again the day after and that's annoying! Instead do a quick, clean-sweep through your house.
- First, gather up all non-essential clutter in baskets and hide these in your closets.
- Next, assess how dusty your furniture is. Chances are good you can skip dusting but if it's really bad, use a Swiffer and give everything a quick wipe. Only hit the rooms where people will be gathering.
- Assess your floors too. For carpet areas see if you can pick up the lint quickly with your hands. For tiled floors use a wet wipe to gather up hair, debris, and smudges.
- Finally, make sure your bathrooms are clean. Again, using a quick bleach wipe on surfaces will speed things up. Stock the bathrooms with plenty of soap, towels, and toilet tissue.
- If this is a casual party, opt for quickie items that don't require cooking. That includes chip and dip, jarred salsa, ready-made items from the store, and pizza.
- Use paper plates and disposable napkins and cutlery for easy clean-up.
- Keep drinks down to a minimum. It's a good idea to have bottled water, at least one wine option, and at least one beer option. You can also purchase fun mixed drinks that are ready made in bottles or cans.
- Put guests to work. If they offer, have easy jobs for them to do such as opening the wine, putting the dip in a bowl, etc. Some guests are shy and giving them a task to do will put them at ease and make your life easier.
- If you are having a more formal party then you might want to consider having it catered. Come to think of it, hire a clean-up crew as well. If you can't afford to do this then solicit help from close friends and family. Or better yet, don't host a formal party!!
t took me 15 minutes to get my house ready for the craft party. I ordered pizza and salad to be delivered from a local restaurant and stocked up on simple beverages. I'm ready! Best of all I'll be able to spend time crafting and enjoying time with my friends.