Currently it is too cold to enjoy being outdoors for any extended period of time and it gets dark early. This can lead to the winter blues quickly. Here are some ideas to energize and entertain you while you are a prisoner in your own home.
· Bundle up and go outdoors for a while: Enjoy a quiet walk in the snow, gather some friends and build a snowman, have a snowball fight with your neighbors, look for creatures foot prints, go sled riding.
· Organize your home: Take this time to empty and organize closets, dressers and cabinets. If you find items that you forgot you had or haven’t used in the past year, put them in a box to donate to charity.
· Add a few new items: Nothing makes you enjoy being home more than having something new to look at. It can be as simple as new throw pillows, a new wall decoration or a new comforter on your bed. It can even go a little further to include a fresh coat of new paint or a new piece of furniture. You can even online shop so that you get the added perk of awaiting a new delivery.
· Plan a trip: Planning a trip to take in the next month or two will keep you planning, preparing and eagerly looking forward to the break.
· Take advantage of local attractions: Museums, Aquariums, Zoos, or other indoor attractions in your area.
· Planned theme days and make a calendar: Craft day, movie day, build an indoor fort day, baking day, cooking day, board game day, read a book day, dance party day, karaoke day, spa day, funky hair style day, dress crazy day…the ideas go on and on.
· Go to a local hotel with a pool for the day: This is fun for both kids and adults to spend the day swimming indoors and get out of the house.
· Light up your home: Turn on the lights or lamps, light some candles, if you have a fireplace-make a fire, hang Christmas lights and plug in. The extra light can be comforting.
· Invite your neighbors to dinner: Sometimes winter weather keeps friends from traveling to see each other, but it’s easy for neighbors to visit each other.
· Call an old friend: Reconnecting with friends and family that you haven’t seen for a while on the phone is a great way to pass the time while enjoying a cup of hot tea or hot chocolate.
Finding a way to enjoy every season we endure will keep you happy and looking forward to the memories you create during them. Please feel free to share more ideas with us!
Click to set custom HTML