I am a big fan of recycling and repurposing items. I am an even bigger fan of being organized! I came across this idea the other day. What a great idea as we start having picnics with the warmer weather. This can be used for yourself or as a hostess gift to a party you are invited to. There are many modifications that can make this a great summer item.
· Paint the cans the color of your choice to match your décor
· Reinforce the cans by drilling holes and riveting or bolting them together to make them more sturdy
· Drill holes near the top and attach a hanger for a handle
· Glue the cans to an old tray to easily carry it
· Use jars instead of cans
· Add a fourth can to hold straws, rolled napkins or stirring sticks
Enjoy your new hand-made and handy item!