Music is good for our health. There are have been many studies conducted in this area and an entire field of Music Therapy to help those in need. Here's what music can do for you:
- Helps young children with their verbal and visual skills
- Helps older people to "exercise" their brain and improve memory
- Decreases stress
- This in turn helps improve the quality of sleep
- Can motivate us to exercise or do other things we don't want to do
- Changes mood
- Decreases depression and anxiety
- Decreases pain
- Improves our immunity
- Strengthens our heart
- Can be used to make mediation easier
- Can evoke memories that are linked to emotions
That's some pretty stellar reasons to crank out some tunes and sing to your heart's content! Try varying what you listen to and see how it impacts you on a mental and physical level. I recently pulled out some oldies from my college days and boy did that bring back the memories! Many people find that holiday music does the same thing.
I hope you have a melodious day!!