But you know as well as I do that exercise can make a HUGE difference in your life. Studies have repeatedly found that adding even a small amount of movement to your day can help prevent heart disease, diabetes, and other medical issues.
Hard to argue with that, isn't it?
So I've put together a list of ways that you can easily add more movement to your day. You've probably seen most of these before but it's always good to have a quick reminder! Please leave a comment if you have additional ideas.
- Take a walk after dinner to help digest your food
- Take the stairs whenever possible
- Do stretches and breathing exercises when you're at your desk or in your car
- Park farther away from entrances (if it's safe to do so)
- Get up every hour to get a drink of water (double benefits!)
- Do squats while brushing your teeth
- Dance around the house as you get ready in the morning
- Take your dog for an extra walk (the dog will thank you!)
- Find your inner child: do some jumping jacks, skip rope, play hopscotch, or have a pillow fight
- Skip the drive-thru and go inside instead
- Clean your house--a little elbow grease goes a long way