This is a very adaptable recipe. You can make it meatless. You can add twice the amount of veggies and it still sets nicely. You can choose a different type of cheese. The possibilities are endless.
2 Cups Milk
3/4 Cup Biscuit Baking Mix (I use the heartsmart kind)
1/4 Softened Butter
2 - 4 Cups Fresh Veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, onion, pepper, whatever sounds good)
1 Cup Cubed Canadian Bacon (slightly healthier than ham and just as much flavor)
8 Ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Spray the muffin pans or baking dish.
- Sautee the veggies and Canandian bacon until softened and browned.
- In a large bowl, beat together milk, eggs, baking mix, and butter. Batter will be lumpy. Stir in veggies, ham and Cheddar cheese. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, until eggs are set and top is golden brown.