There are many ways to deal with stress but today I want to focus on just one of them....massage. Therapeutic touch can do wonders for not only your mind but your body as well. Here is a list of just a few of the benefits:
- Boosts immunity
- Relaxes the mind and body
- Decreases stress
- Decreases anxiety and depression
- Helps with pain including all body aches and headaches
- Improves the quality of sleep
- Counteracts postural imbalances, especially in those who sit all day long
- Improves circulation and releases toxins
Some women may shy away from getting a massage because they are self-conscious about their body. Let me reassure you that a therapist doesn't even think about that. They are concentrating on your muscles and have seen all shapes, sizes, and hairy legs in the past!
Another common complaint is that a massage costs money. There are many massage clubs out there that reduce the rate in half if you sign up for several sessions. You can also opt for a shorter session, such as 30 minutes, instead of a full hour.
I get a massage at least once a month and have never regretted the time or money spent. For me it relieves some serious back pain that I frequently encounter. It also puts me in a zen state of mind that can last for several days. I urge you to give massage a try.