Camp B is for women like me. We either have absolutely no interest in football, or like it for about 10 minutes and then are bored. If you fall into Camp B then I have some fun football facts for you that may help when you're forced to watch a game:
- Football is an adaption of rugby and was created to be safer for the players.
- Football started in the Midwest in industrial towns like Cleveland and Detroit.
- There are 32 teams.
- Each team is worth about 1 billion
- Liza...this one's for you....the Baltimore Ravens were named after Edgar Allan Poe's, the Raven. Their mascots are named Edgar, Allan, and Poe.
- 78% of players go bankrupt about 2 years after their career ends.
- NFL cheerleaders get paid $50 per game but spend more than that on make-up and accessories.
- Dallas cheerleaders used to have men and were called the Cow Belles & Beaux.
- Mary...this one's for you....the Cleveland Browns have the longest losing streak but the greatest fan support worldwide in the NFL.
- The Super Bowl is the most watched television show each year.
- There are an estimated 90 million toilet flushes during Super Bowl halftime.
- The Super Bowl is the 2nd biggest eating day of the year in America (Thanksgiving is #1).
- Wings and pizza are the most popular football party food.
- 8 million pounds of guacamole are eaten on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 11 million pounds of chips are eaten on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 50 million cases of beer are consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Camp B members....this one's for you...the Hallmark Channel usually runs some fabulous movies during the college and NFL games. You can also find some great deals in the stores and they're usually empty.
Next time you're at a game, pull out one of these facts and wow the crowd. Better yet, find a comfy place to take a nap. There's nothing like the sound of a football game to lull me right to sleep. Go Browns!!