- Sturdy cardboard that fits the size of your shadowbox
- Glue (I used spray adhesive for the leaves and wood glue for the letters)
- Wooden letters to spell out the word of your choice (make sure it will fit in your shadowbox)
- Colored paint for the letters (I prefer spray paint)
- Clear spray paint
- A drop cloth or paper to protect the surface you will be working on
How to Make:
· Take a walking meditation and gather lots of colorful fall leaves.
· Take a heavy book and line the pages with wax paper.
Place the leaves down between 2 sheets of wax paper. Make sure the leaves are not touching.
· Close the book so that all the leaves are sandwiched between a layer of wax paper.
· Place a couple of heavy objects on top of your closed book to aid in pressing the leaves.
· Allow time for the leaves to press and flatten (a few days).
· Place your drop cloth or protective covering on the floor or a table where you will be working.
· Paint your wooden letters and allow them to dry. It may require more than 1 coat.
· Cut your cardboard so that it fits snugly inside your shadow box.
· Glue your leaves to the cardboard with the spray adhesive. Allow to dry.
· Spray the cardboard and leaves with clear spray paint. Allow to dry.
· Glue wooden letter to your cardboard. Allow to dry.
· Spray entire project with clear spray paint. Allow to dry.
· Carefully place project into your shadowbox
· If there are gaps along the edges, you can put a border around the outer edges using painted foam
· Hang your project in a place where you can see it often and enjoy!