· Get a word of the day calendar and attempt to use your new word in at least three different conversations each day.
· Learn a new language. Recruit a friend and continue speaking to each other in your foreign language. Reward yourself with a trip in which you can use your newly acquired skills.
· Play memory games.
· Listen to audio books on your commute to and from work.
· Subscribe to informative emails regarding your profession.
· Work puzzles (i.e. Sudoku puzzle, jig saw puzzles, word finds).
· Research random topics that come up during the day online.
· Download memory skill games onto your smart phone or laptop.
· Download random fact applications onto your smart phone or laptop.
· Print off a sheet of math problems and do them as fast as possible.
· Make up a story, tell it to a child or write it in a journal.
· Free write in a journal for a scheduled amount of time daily.
· Keep up to date on current events. Watch the national news.
· Limit television time to an hour a day.
· Read a different genre of book than you would normally choose for yourself, consider joining a book club.
· Go on a scavenger hunt.
· Find your way through a maze.
· Meditate to clear your mind and enable better focus.
· Exercise and eat well.
· Avoid toxic substances (alcohol, drugs, preservatives, excessive caffeine).
Enjoy your new mental health!