Here's what I learned:
- You absolutely need to brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Use a soft toothbrush so you don't irritate the gums.
- Better yet, invest in a pulsating toothbrush to really break up the plaque.
- You absolutely need to floss your teeth at least once a day.
- If you have trouble reaching the back teeth with your floss, try dental picks for easier access.
- Get your teeth cleaned by a dental hygienist at least once a year, preferably twice (or more) if you are prone to gum disease.
- Rinse with a good mouthwash at least once a day.
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- If you are having a lot of dental issues, have your doctor check for nutrient deficiencies.
- Avoid sipping on acidic beverages.
- Avoid sugar.
- Get plenty of rest.