· Avoid a diet with too much red meat, potatoes, processed foods, butter, and sweets.
· Include stress management activities in your DAILY life.
· Quit drinking sugar-sweetened or artificially sweetened beverages.
· Get enough sleep every night.
· Walk briskly 2 to 4 hours a week.
· Aim for no more than 1 hour of television watching per day.
· Drink alcohol moderately.
· Lift weights twice a week.
· Do 150 minutes of aerobic exercise each week at a “somewhat hard” intensity.
These were taken from the June 2016 IDEA Fitness Journal. They work, but they require you to make a complete lifestyle change and stick with it, well, for LIFE!