- For every 2 hours of television that you watch per day, your chance of heart disease increases by 15% and diabetes by 20%.
- For every 3 hours of television that you watch per day, your chance of dying increases by 13%.
- Television promotes bad posture. It also promotes bad eating habits.
- Kids fare even worse. Television watching can slow childhood development and provides role models that are too thin or too violent. By the age of 14, most kids will have witnessed 11,000 murders on television!
- Television can promote an unhealthy attachment to shows.