- There is no "normal" when it comes to bowel movements. Everyone is different so you need to pay attention to when things change. Incidentally, stress can cause changes.
- Size matters. If you are passing pencil thin poops all the time then this is cause for concern. See your doctor as it could indicate a blockage in your colon.
- Consistency also matters. Too much diarrhea over the long haul is a problem because it means you are flushing out nutrients instead of using them in your body. It can also indicate infections, polyps, food allergies, and gastro-intestinal diseases.
- Blood in your feces may or may not indicate a problem. It could just mean you strained too hard or have minor hemorrhoids. Keep an eye on it and if it gets bad or is accompanied by weight loss, fever, or chills then see your doctor immediately.
- Poop is being recycled into some amazing things. Diapers are being used to make park benches. Human waste is being used as a source of energy and in one city is powering over 8,000 home!. Poop is even being used as a natural fertilizer that is much safer on the environment. Who knew?