1. How much should you save for retirement? Some experts say that you'll need about eight times your final year's pay when you retire (assuming you'll live 25 years in retirement). So if you're making $50,000 a year, you'll need $400,000 to retire.
2. Roughly 18% of Americans are not saving anything.
3. The phrase "To pay through the nose" comes from Danes in Ireland, who slit the noses of those who were remiss in paying the Danish poll tax.
4. Money is the leading cause of disagreements in marriages.
5. The first paper notes were printed in denominations of 1 cent, 5 cents, 25 cents, and 50 cents.