- Ben Franklin suggested it as a way to save on coal. He was joking but the government took him seriously.
- Arizona and Hawaii are the only 2 states that refuse to take part.
- It costs the US billions each year in disruptions to the airline, retail, stock market, and tv industries.
- In 1999, 3 terrorists blew themselves up when their bomb went off. They had forgotten to set the time for daylight saving's time.
- In 2012, a man in Ohio was arrested two times in one day, at the same time, because of daylight savings.