This one is for those of you who made a resolution to eat healthier in 2016. We all know we should eat at least 5 servings of veggies each day, so here are some quick facts about the humble carrot:
1. They're full of Vitamin A, which helps flush toxins from the body.
2. The most common are orange, but carrots can also be yellow, red, purple and white. There are over 100 species.
3. They can help prevent heart disease and cancer, and improve vision, and contain valuable amounts of antioxidant nutrients.
4. Steaming is the heathiest way to prepare carrots.
5. One medium carrot has 25 calories.
Click to set custom HTML